Top Interview Questions To Ask Employers
What do you ask an interviewer? Many people forget to think of questions and are caught flat footed when asked “Do you have any questions for me?” by an interviewer.
Here are a few things to consider when asking an interviewer questions.
- Ask questions that highlight your knowledge of the company or position.
- Avoid questions that might have a negative or no response.
- Always ask any industry specific questions you are aware of.
- Research and prepare a few questions ahead of time.
Here are 31 sample questions you can ask in your next interview.
- Who do you think would be the ideal candidate for this position, and how do I compare?
- Who held this position previously? Why is he/she leaving the role?
- What do you like most about working for this company?
- Can you walk me through the typical day of someone in this role?
- How do you evaluate success here?
- How would you describe the company’s culture?
- Will I have an opportunity to meet those who would be part of my staff/my manager during the interview process?
- Can you tell me what steps need to be completed before your company can generate an offer?
- What distinguishes this company from its competitors?
- Is there anyone else I need to meet with?/Is there anyone else you would like me to meet with?
- Is there anything we haven’t covered that you think is important to know about working here?
- Is there anything else I can provide to help you make your decision?
- What can I do to show you I’m a great fit for this job?
- Beyond the hard skills required to successfully perform this job, what soft skills would serve the company and position best?
- What’s your timeline for making a decision, and when can I expect to hear back from you?
- What New Skills Can I Hope to Learn Here?
- So Do you have questions?
- What are you looking for in this position?
- What should an employee be doing to really stand out?
- What’s the environment like here?
- What would an average day here look like?
- How did you get started here?
- What’s the best thing about working here?
- What’s the most challenging part of the job?
- Just out of curiosity how would you have answered this question?
- Could you tell me some of the things you’d be expecting me to learn next year?
- When can I expect a call back from you? & If I haven’t heard from you by then, may I give you a call?
- What is the next step in the interview process?