The top interview questions that are asked by employers and interviewers alike are not just the most frequently asked interview questions, but they are the most important questions that will be asked. The top interview questions will be ranked by employers to hold the most weight and viability in the interview process. That means you need to be on your “A” game and know how to answer these types of questions.
Most people understand that preparing for an interview is highly important but yet they still procrastinate and simply do not know the most asked questions that show up in almost every single interview. If you go through the interview process more than once, you will probably begin to see a pattern with these questions and possibly a pattern with how the employer or interviewer react to your answers to the same questions. This will give you some type of indicator as to which questions you are answering in the most proper and informative manner.
The top interview questions that may be asked are:
- Tell me a little about yourself.
- Do you have any strong points about your personality or work ethic? If so, what are they?
- Would you consider yourself to have any weaknesses and if so what are they and how to you try to improve them?
- Have you made any mistakes in your past job or position? How did you handle those mistakes and what would you have done differently if given the opportunity to go back in time?
- In what type of position do you see yourself 5 to 10 years from now?
- Why should we hire you and why do you want to work with us?
- Do you have a role model and how have they helped you become the person that you are today?
- Tell us about our company and the responsibilities of the job you are applying for?
- Describe a typical work week at your previous job.
- Describe a busy day at your previous job.
- Do you consider yourself to have confidence in your abilities and to deliver good results?
- When working in a team with other individuals, how would you describe your interaction relating to your personality?
- If you could choose your dream job, what would it be and why?
- what type of schedule are you willing to work? Overtime, nights, weekends?
- Are you looking to encounter challenges if you are hired for this position?
- Did you dislike any of your previous bosses? Why or why not?
- What types of people do you work best with?
- Do you work better along or in groups?
- Do you feel that your skills make you qualified to presume this position?
- What type of job would you like to have considering your technical and background experience?
- As an employee of this company, are you willing to put our work and projects ahead of your own interests in your off time?
- If I were to ask you previous employer(s) about you, what would they have to say about your work skills and personality?
- Would you consider yourself to have a competitive attitude towards work and producing results while you are on the job?
- Do you have a preference to work with men or women?
- Do you feel that you as an employee will make our company perform better?
- How to do you think the addition of your skills will make our company function better?
Related terms: Top Interview Questions 2013, Top Interview Questions for Employers, Top Interview Questions and Responses, 20 Top Interview Questions, 50 Top Interview Questions, 10 Top Interview Questions, Top 25 Interview Questions, Best Interview Questions to Ask